Get your Kids eating healthier this Easter without even knowing it! These healthy Easter cookies will be a hit with the whole family.
Why not try getting the kids involved in the process? Have them mixing, baking and decorating with you!
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Sucanat (Unrefined Cane Sugar)
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs (Organic/Free Range)
- 2 cups Spelt or Whole Grain Flour of Choice
- ¼ cup Large Flake Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 300g Dark Chocolate Chunks/Chips
- 1 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Hemp Hearts
1.Beat butter, applesauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla till light & fluffy.
2.Mix in flour and baking soda by hand until well blended.
3.Stir in chocolate chunks/chips & nuts/seeds.
4.Drop by tsp onto un-greased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart .
5.Bake in preheated 375degree Fahrenheit oven for 10-12 minutes, or till lightly browned.
6.Transfer to cooling rack
7.Once the cookies are cooled, decorate with natural icing!!